The Institute has a well equipped Medical Room for first-aid and primary medical treatment to provide medical assistance to only students. In case of emergency, the Institute provides facilities to move the ailing students to nearby Hospitals and Nursing Homes. The cost incurred in the medical treatment is precisely to be borne by students themselves.
In-Campus Hostels are provided separately for the Boys and Girls admitted into the Institute subject to the availability of seats on first-come-first serve basis, giving due preference to those living far from the Institute Campus, however, holding the right of the Institute on the allotment of Hostel seats to students. A student living in the hostel has to strictly abide by the norms laid in the ‘Halls of Residence’, duly displayed in the Hostel.
The Institute provides all assistances to obtain easy and prompt ‘education loan’ with the nationalized and private banks for the eligible students.
The Institute Cafeteria provides on payment basis lunch and other refreshments during stipulated period within the Institute hour. This has proved to be of immense help to both day scholars and Institute Staff including teachers.
Mentoring of Students
Each individual student of SFGI is under the mentorship of a faculty member when he/she starts his/her journey at SKFGI which lasts till the individual completes the course. The mentor extends his/her hands of support not only to solve academic problems but also to solve personal problems that is creating disturbances and bringing destruction and causing mental stresses. The many fold benefits of the system are:
Enhances confidence and offers challenges to set higher goals, take risks and achieve at higher levels.
It is a process of giving recognition and encouragement to each individual.
- Extends psychosocial support to the mentees.
- It advice on balancing range of academic and professional responsibilities.
- Provides role modeling for professional leadership and facilitates the development of increased competencies and stronger interpersonal skills.
- It extends an access to a support system during critical stages of your academic and career development.
- There is always an insider’s perspective on navigating a mentees career.
- It exposes the mentees to diverse perspectives and experiences.
- It gives direct access to powerful resources within your major or profession.
- It is the foundation of a lasting professional and personal network.
Counseling of the Students
At SKFGI the teachers endeavors in both innovative and cognitive way of teaching. If the former tries to inject creativity then the later is to guide an individual towards his goal while protecting them from the cruel world. The competitive world, the materialist outlook of the society may throw a budding soul into the dark of frustration. To cater with this acute social problem, Swami Divyanandaji of Belur Ramakrishna Mission has been generous to counsel our students in need and we are fortunate to have Swamiji’s blessings for us.