B. Tech in Electrical Engineering
Electrical engineering is the study and application of electricity, electronics a, d electromagnetism for the development and maintenance of electrical and electronics equipment. Electrical Engineering course study includes Circuit analysis, machines & drive system, Power System, Control system, Power electronics, Utilization etc. The main focus of the course will be on industrial requirement of ‘Electrical engineering’.
The scope for students of B. Tech Electrical Engineering is very high. There are two options available for them either they can join higher education after this course or they can join their professional career as per skills. At present, electrical engineers have great demand in the market.
- 10+2 with Physics & Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application / Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks ( in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subject as stated above
- Must have obtained at least 45% marks( 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. ST, SC, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) above three subjects taken together.
- The eligibility for lateral entry is 10th + 3yr Diploma in relevant field or B.Sc. Degree from any university recognized by UGC with at least 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD) marks
Career & Placements
- Electrical Engineering has very good career opportunities in professional career such as all power generation, transmission; distribution companies can offer them a very good remuneration as per their skills. Apart from that other sectors like MNC companies, IT companies, steel, cement, fertilizer, petrochemical, shipping, traction, automobile companies etc. can give them best job offers with high salary packages.
- There is a large requirement of Electrical Engineers in government sector and as well as in private sector also.