B. Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
B.Tech. ECE focuses on concepts and designs of underlying hardware systems which are used in areas such as telecommunication, energy and electronic sectors. It is based on research, design, development and testing of electronics in various systems.
The core topics include an understanding of analog transmission, basic electronics, solid state devices, microprocessors, digital and analog communication, analog integrated circuits, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression.
- 10+2 with Physics & Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application / Technical Vocational Subject as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks ( in both theory and practical wherever applicable) in all the three subject as stated above.
- Must have obtained at least 45% marksmarks( 40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. ST, SC, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD)in the above three subjects taken together.
- The eligibility for lateral entry is 10th + 3yr Diploma in relevant field or B.Sc. Degree from any university recognized by UGC with at least 45% (40% for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PwD) marks
Career & Placements
- B. Tech. ECE gives students an opportunity to make a successful career in the fast-growing telecom industry, where students get a decent remuneration at entry level itself, which increases as the student gains experience and expertise. Media and Entertainment industry is the biggest employer for Electronics and Communication engineers.
- Along with this, the government sector has also proved beneficial in terms of job provision for degree holders of this program. Organizations like MTNL, BSNL, Civil Aviation have been hiring Electronic and Communication engineering students for many years.