Diploma in Civil Engineering
Civil engineering is the division of engineering concerned with the building, designing, planning, and maintenance of the material and naturally built surroundings.
It is one of the oldest and largest branches of engineering. Civil Engineers are professionally responsible for overseeing design and construction of industrial plant buildings, transmission towers/lines, waterworks, river navigation, airport runways, skyscrapers, power plants, irrigation canals, traffic control infrastructure, dams, shipping canals, bridges, rail-roads, sewers and highways.
Students enrolled to the course are offered adequate exposure to reinforced concrete structures, quality control, material testing, construction management & entrepreneurship, professional practice and office procedures, extensive survey, building drawing, irrigation & bridge drawing, structural engineering drawing. Candidates also get exposure to software applications like AUTOCAD.
- Passed / Appeared 10th standard with at least 35% marks in aggregate without the marks of additional subject (without rounding up**). Mathematics, Physical Science (Science) and English are mandatory subjects in the qualifying examination and a candidate must acquire at least pass marks in all the three subjects as per his/her secondary board.
- No upper age limit. But candidate should not be less that 15 years as of 1st July of the Admission Year.
Career & Placements
- Civil Engineers are constantly in great demand for construction, maintenance and repair of communal and other infrastructure. Such professionals are gainfully employed across consultancy firms, quality testing labs, street-based activities and building work.
- Civil Engineering Diploma-holders may also go for advanced research work in the discipline, or pursue teaching jobs across universities and colleges.
- Civil Engineers are engaged in all important building plans carried out by private construction firms, railways projects, military, engineering services, State or central government and consultancy services and structural architecture.
- Students can also take lateral entry admission into 2nd year of B.Tech – Civil Engineering degree programme.